Thursday, July 23, 2009

Empty house and the stress sets in...is this really happening???

Well, my house is now pretty completely empty, everything sold except for a few odds and ends and, of course, our cars. We have booked our tickets for August 30th and sprung for the celeberatory buisness class tickets. Now I am stressed, the excitement is still there, but I am thinking about, what if I end up not liking it. I mean I have visited Europe lots and I have been to The Netherlands on several occasions, but what if living there isn't all I think it will be?? What if we can't find work? What if we can't find a nice place to live? So many questions, and I can't answer any of them now, we have to wait and see and try to stay positive!
We have been traveling around Eastern Canada for the last several weeks visiting our family and friends here....kinda like a goodbye tour...weather has been horrible. So, the fact that we are not home, it just doesn't seem real that when we walk back in there on Tuesday, it will be empty for the most part. I have mixed emotions: relief of selling the house and the things, apprehension of all the work that still needs to be done, I am sad to leave a beautiful home and I have stress about the actual move. We have boxes to ship over and lots of luggage still to pack. We brought the bulk of it to my family and friends, and sold a lot in this major garage/moving sale that we had.
I hope to keep my blog more updated in the coming weeks, we have just been busy traveling and stuff like that. When I get back home I will post some picks of some places that we have just been to!

2 comments:

  1. cool blog! Now I can read what I still have to do LOL ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nathalie!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog! Wow I just read through your posts, and remember feeling similar when we were about to embark on our move here. Rest assured, the Netherlands is a very expat-friendly country! The only complaints we've had are minor things, small pet-peeves that you will find anywhere. If you have any questions about life here, or you need any advice, feel free to ask! Good luck with your move!

    Oh! Have you checked out Isabella's blog at http://atouchofdutch.blogspot.com ? She has a ton of practical info about life in the Netherlands that I always use as a resource!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I love hearing from you!